How should we handle the set square?
You have to handle your set square softly and with accuracy without exercising too much pressure on them, only the needed one to avoid movement.
To draw parallel lines to one direction we have to follow these steps:
- The 45 set square hypotenuse (longest side) is placed attached to the line to which we want to draw the parallels.
- The 60-30 set square hypotenuse is attached to the 45 set square leg.
- Fix the 60-30 set square and move the 45 set square upwards or downwards drawing the desired parallel lines along its hypotenuse.
If we want to draw perpendicular lines to one direction, we will have to follow the first two steps as stated for parallel lines and then the following ones:
- Having fixed the 60-30 set square, the 45 set square is turned until the other leg is attached to the hypotenuse of the 60-30 set square.
- Draw the perpendicular line along the hypotenuse of the 45 set square.